The month of December is full of good “to do“ items...like decorate for the holidays, buy gifts* for loved ones, put up and decorate a Christmas Tree and bake, bake, bake. The problem is that there is only so much time in a day, so to make space for those fun, festive tasks..... I simplify dinners. Sometimes that means ordering pizza or (if my husband isn’t home) pancakes for dinner, and other days that means making a pasta dish that only takes as long as it takes for the water to boil and the pasta to cook. This is a recipe a friend introduced me to and it was so good it has become my ”go to” for dinner when time is of the essence.
Tomato Sauce with Burrata Cheese
(takes as long as it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta - not even 20 minutes!)
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp Kosher salt
28 oz Ground Peeled Tomatoes (try Pastene Organic Kitchen Ready Ground Peeled Tomatoes)
1 cup Fresh Basil leaves, chopped or 1 tsp dried Basil
1 lb to 1 1/2 lbs your choice of Pasta (we need the 1 1/2 lbs to feed a family of 5)
2 tblsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
12 oz Fresh Burrata cheese (found next to containers of Fresh Mozzarella in most grocery stores)
1. In a heavy saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add garlic, stir frequently
2. Add salt and tomatoes, stir frequently
3. In a large pot, bring water to boil adding approximately 2 tsp kosher salt then add pasta and follow cooking directions for pasta
4. Drain cooked pasta and put back in pot
5. In the pan of tomato sauce, add fresh parsley and Burrata cheese, mixing until cheese is melted and mixed in, then add to pasta. Serve immediately with fresh bread and salad! Mangia!
* Speaking of making things simple and easy, try purchasing gifts for your friends and family from these wonderful, local (to Cape Cod but they ship anywhere in the country!) women entrepreneurs. These incredible ladies truly make gift giving easy with these quality products. I bought quite a few gifts from their websites (and maybe one or two things for me too!). Check 'em out:
1, The Happy Lotus Candles (the candles smell soooo good)
2. From the Heart Malas, Tea and Jewelry (beautiful and thoughtful)
3. Nolia Mabel Skin Spa (incredible DIY Personalized Facial Kits you can do right in your own home - great gift - both my daughter and I use them weekly)
Happy gift shopping & giving!