Thanksgiving Sides – Brussels Sprouts, Squash & Cranberries
Yup, I did it again and added to our traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I tried this recipe on a whim one night (made some adjustments) and it was so good I was inspired to add it to our Thanksgiving meal. I knew my mom would appreciate the combination of ingredients (turns out my husband did too!). This is a recipe to add to your repertoire and use anytime - especially at Thanksgiving!
Brussels Sprouts, Squash & Cranberries
(Takes approximately 40 mins start to finish)
3 cups Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher/coarse salt
1 Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded & cubed (about 4 cups)
2 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups toasted pecan pieces (halves, chopped, etc. – can toast yourself in oven for 4 mins)
1 cup dried cranberries
2+ tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Drizzle olive oil all over 2 baking pans (can use parchment paper or foil before oil, for easier cleanup)
2. On one sheet combine Brussels Sprouts, olive oil & salt, then spread out - cut side down
3. On the other baking sheet pan, toss squash, olive oil, syrup and cinnamon together and then spread out in a single layer
4. Roast both pans for about 25 mins until browned/slightly charred – flipping sprouts and squash over halfway through
5. In a large serving bowl, mix the sprouts, squash, toasted pecan pieces, dried cranberries and the optional maple syrup.
6. Serve room temperature as a side dish (makes a tasty lunch too!)
Want more Thanksgiving recipes? Checkout my Cranberry Walnut Sauce with an Orange Twist!