Holiday Baking: Chocolate Kiss Cookies - Treats for the Kids in your life (ages 2+)
Chocolate Kiss Cookies
(takes about a 1/2 hour from start to finish)
Have the kids (big or small) help unwrap the kisses....P.S. there will be extra Chocolate Kisses!
1 ¼ cup butter, softened * this recipe is super easy as long as the butter is soft
1 cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
3 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 bag of chocolate kisses (14 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Cream butter and then gradually add sugar – beat until light and fluffy
3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly
4. Gradually stir in flour, mixing well
5. Prepare 2 baking sheets – covering them with parchment paper or a Silpat
6. Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and form into balls and press them (lightly flattening) onto baking sheets 2 inches apart
7. Bake for 10 mins or until set/golden brown
8. Remove from oven and while warm, press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
9. Cool completely before moving, storing or eating!